Friday, July 16, 2010

More comfortable single?

I've basically been single for two years now. I've had an off and on relationship with someone for 4 years but I moved away a year ago so that has dwindled. I meet guys I'm interested in, give them my number, then the next day I don't want to talk to them. I really like being single and don't want the distraction of a boyfriend, but...sometimes I do want one. I used to always have a boyfriend so at first I really enjoyed this freedom, but now I'm wondering if I'm turning into a commitment-phobe or something. I also feel like being a comfortably 23yr old single female in this society is odd or something.. Any thoughts??

More comfortable single?
There's nothing wrong with being happily, or comfortably, single. I'm around the same age as you and I feel the same way. While relationships are nice I have found that I enjoy being single because it keeps me focused. I actually believe that in being ok with being single I'm better preparing myself for whatever relationship I ultimately end up in.
Reply:No way! I think you are totally normal. I went through years of relationships and then spent some time alone and really loved it. Love will find you are you are still so young! Enjoy the freedom while you can!


No comments:

Post a Comment