Thursday, August 19, 2010

Single people .....would you say life is lonely?

This is for the single people out there. I am wondering if you are lonely being single. I find that I hate being alone yet, it's hard to find somone I don't get bothered by. Whats your take or situation?

Single people .....would you say life is lonely?
I have rarely been lonely and have lived alone since I was 18....(45) now. I admit sometimes during holidays or such it gets a little sad but i have never known anything but being alone...(except when I was young.) The old saying you don't miss what you never had is true for me. I have alot of friends....men and women. It does get strange sometimes when you are put in between friends and are asked to take sides. I never take sides anymore as most of the time I will never know what really happened.


That is the hardest part of being single in my opinion, dealing with both sides of the stories. As far as keeping entertained with my life I really do not think I could have done better.


One thing that I have noticed is some people think you have no resposibilities being single....heh...try it ...no I have no kids to raise but I have no help at all with life's tasks. Laundry...cleaning....cooking...everythi... is your own baby. Love it or leave it....that is my own inside joke.
Reply:I know this said "single" people, but I can tell you that I've spent PLENTY of time single, and I would say that I LOVED single life!





I could hang out with whomever I wanted. If my ex wanted me to meet the new GF(this has happened on several occasions, as my exes and I remain very good friends), I didn't have to explain why I wanted to go out.





When I went to the bathroom, I didn't have to worry about falling in at 3am.





I could watch House, or Drawn Together, or Family Guy without worrying that my significant other was Tivoing WWF.





If I found a new job out of state, I could up and go.





Granted, there is A LOT of great times to have with a significant other around--I wouldn't trade my boy for the world--it's nice to have someone to cuddle with and discuss the day.


But being alone isn't as horrible as a lot of people say it is, and I miss that independence sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment